For guitar players, the top of the line is the MB-6. Now you can play banjo with the same chords and fingering you already know. It’s great for those songs that would sound better if played on a banjo.
This MB-6 has beautiful crisp tone and great sustain. It has an arched hard, dense, colorful, exotic, and naturally beautiful ebony fingerboard. It also features Deering’s own custom made six string tailpiece and bridge. This helps create a superb playing banjo for guitar players. One of the most appealing aspects of the MB-6 is its sleek neck making it comfortable, and easy to play.
Curly maple wood, -06- tone ring, and flower inlays are the other key elements of the Deering Maple Blossom banjo. Maple Blossom is made from eastern violin grade curly maple, stained with a dark walnut stain, and adorned with flower mother of pearl inlays. When this individually selected wood is built into a banjo with the genuine Deering -06-bronze tone ring, 3-ply violin grade maple rim, and one piece zinc flange, the result is a banjo that is so bright, crisp and clear that every note pops out of this banjo with precision and power.
The Deering -06- tone ring produces a beautiful, balanced overtone spectrum. Its weight is ideal for most styles played on the banjo. A softer touch will provide you with as much sustain as you ever want, a sharper attack will produce a distinct pop and accurate note separation. You will notice no dead spots over the entire fingerboard. The beautiful highs and powerful well rounded bass is the result of intense study of alloys and shapes which resulted in the new -06- tone ring you hear in the great tone of the Maple Blossom banjo today.
- Case: Hardshell Case Included Made in USA
- Head: 11″ Frosted Top Medium Crown Head
- Neck Wood: American Mahogany
- Resonator: Mahogany
- Style: 5-String Resonator Banj
Deering Boston Banjos
- Tropical American Mahogany
- Radiused Fingerboard
- Slender Deering Neck Shape
- Guitar style tuners – (Planetary Tuners available as an option)
- Seed and Vine Maple and Pearloid Inlays
- Adjustable Truss Rod
- Satin Finish
- 22 Pressed In Nickel Silver Frets
- Nickel Plated and Durable 3/16″ Steel Rim
- Beveled Tension Hoop
- 11″ Frosted Top Medium Crown Head
- 24-Piece Butterfly Flange
- 5/8″ Maple/Ebony Deering Smile Bridge
- 24 Flat Hooks with 9/32″ Hex Nuts
- 24 Bracket Shoes
- Nickel Plated Hardware
- Deering 6-String Tailpiece
- Butterfly 24 Piece Flange
- Steel Coordinator Rod for Adjustments
- Trimmed in White
- Straight Sidewalls
- Satin Finish
Includes a Deering Hardshell Case
Has the sweet sound of mahogany with less sustain for clear notes. Crisp highs and good bass response with less overtones than many banjos. Easy to play with clarity of note separation. Great for recording.
E,A,D,G,B,E in standard guitar tuning
Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well.
- Comes with Deering 6-Sting Banjo Strings tuned in standard guitar tuning (E,A,D,G,B,E)
- Gauges: 10 13 17 26w 36w 46w
- End Type: Ball
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 3/4″
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4″
- Resonator diameter 13 7/8″
- Overall Instrument Length 38 1/2″
- Weight Approx. 9.6 lbs
Due to ongoing product development efforts, specifications are subject to change without notice.