Tuned like a guitar, guitar players can get up and go with this 6-string banjo. Our top selling 6-string banjo – now as an acoustic/electric model. This banjo is the preferred sound in country recording studios and in non-traditional bands. Taylor Swift uses this banjo on her Grammy award winning song “Mean”. This banjo has big resonant bass notes that you don’t find on a 5-string banjo, and also crisp highs for that beautiful banjo tone. Just plug it in and it’s amplified with a great acoustic tone of the Kavanjo banjo pickup!
It has big resonant bass notes that you don’t find on a 5-string banjo, and also crisp highs for that beautiful banjo tone. When plugged in, the Kavanjo pick up brings the Boston 6 to life.
Use a standard guitar cable to run your Boston 6 through your favorite amp, pedals, or straight into a DI box.
- Case: Hardshell Case Included Made in USA
- Head: 11″ Frosted Top Medium Crown Head
- Neck Wood: American Mahogany
- Resonator: Mahogany
- Style: 5-String Resonator Banj
Deering Boston Banjos
- Tropical American Mahogany
- Radiused Fingerboard
- Slender Deering Neck Shape
- Guitar style tuners – (Planetary Tuners available as an option)
- Seed and Vine Maple and Pearloid Inlays
- Adjustable Truss Rod
- Satin Finish
- 22 Pressed In Nickel Silver Frets
- Nickel Plated and Durable 3/16″ Steel Rim
- Beveled Tension Hoop
- 11″ Frosted Top Medium Crown Head
- 24-Piece Butterfly Flange
- 5/8″ Maple/Ebony Deering Smile Bridge
- 24 Flat Hooks with 9/32″ Hex Nuts
- 24 Bracket Shoes
- Nickel Plated Hardware
- Deering 6-String Tailpiece
- Butterfly 24 Piece Flange
- Steel Coordinator Rod for Adjustments
- Trimmed in White
- Straight Sidewalls
- Satin Finish
Includes a Deering Hardshell Case
Has the sweet sound of mahogany with less sustain for clear notes. Crisp highs and good bass response with less overtones than many banjos. Easy to play with clarity of note separation. Great for recording.
E,A,D,G,B,E in standard guitar tuning
Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well.
- Comes with Deering 6-Sting Banjo Strings tuned in standard guitar tuning (E,A,D,G,B,E)
- Gauges: 10 13 17 26w 36w 46w
- End Type: Ball
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 3/4″
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4″
- Resonator diameter 13 7/8″
- Overall Instrument Length 38 1/2″
- Weight Approx. 9.6 lbs
Due to ongoing product development efforts, specifications are subject to change without notice.