The perfect marriage of old world tradition and new world design, the Powell Wooden Flute has the ability to transport your sound to a completely different spectrum of color.
Enjoy this instrument’s warm sound and unique response with a Sterling Silver or 14K Rose Gold pinless mechanism. This instrument features our Modern Powell Scale and a metal headjoint tenon. Metal headjoints and wooden headjoints can be interchanged on this or any other of our instruments.
Grenadilla is a member of the rosewood family (Dalbergia Melanoxylon) and has been used for instrument making for centuries. Also known as African Blackwood, Grenadilla is a tremendously strong wood, making it very durable and less susceptible to cracks. We age our Grenadilla stock between 5-7 years before turning it into a flute body or headjoint. Like a fine wine or champagne, the aging process gives our instruments a fuller body with more levels of sophistication to experience. These instruments have an organic sound which continues to unfold as the instrument is played over time.
- Arms: Pointed Arms
- Body: Grenadilla Wood (Dalbergia Melanoxyn)
- Case: Case & Cover Included
- Footjoint: C or B Available
- Headjoint: Handmade Custom Headjoint
- Mechanism: Pinless Mechanism
- Scale: Modern Powell Scale
- Pitch : A-442/444
- Tubing Material : Grenadilla Wood (Dalbergia Melanoxyn)
- Tubing Thickness : .0125″
- Footjoint : B or C Foot available
- Gizmo : Standard
- Scale : Modern Powell Scale
- Tube Material : Grenadilla Wood (Dalbergia Melanoxyn)
- Lip Plate Material : Grenadilla Wood (Dalbergia Melanoxyn)
- Wall Material : Grenadilla Wood (Dalbergia Melanoxyn)
- Crown Material : Grenadilla Wood (Dalbergia Melanoxyn)
- Style : Click Here for Headjoint Styles
- Type : Pinless Mechanism (standard) or Pinned Mechanism (special order)
- Keywork Material : Sterling Silver or 14K Rose Gold
- G keys : In-line or Offset
- Cups : French
- Arms : Pointed Arms
- C# Trill : Not Available
- Split-E : Available
- D# Roller : Available
- Open G# : Available
- Springs : 10K White Gold
- Type : Straubinger™ Pads
Due to ongoing product development efforts, specifications are subject to change without notice.