Deering’s newest professional grade openback 5-string banjo. The Eagle II™ banjo is a whole new breed of banjo. It features the ground breaking, patent pending Twenty-Ten™ Tone Ring which is a completely original Deering design that gives the banjo an extremely clear tone.
This is an incredible clawhammer banjo!
- Case: Hardshell Case Included
- Head: 11″ Frosted Top Medium Crown Head
- Neck Wood: Maple Stained a Dark Red Mahogany
- Rim: 11″ Three-Ply Violin Grade Maple Rim
- Style: 5-String Openback Banjo
- Tone Ring: Deering Patent Pending Twenty-Ten Tone Ring
- Made in USA
Deering Eagle II Banjos
- Maple Stained a Dark Red Mahogany
- Natural Ebony Fingerboard
- Original Eagle Engraved Inlays
- Slender Deering Neck Shape
- 22 Nickel-Silver Frets
- Fully Adjustable Two Way Truss Rod
- Deering Planetary Banjo Tuners
- Deering Geared 5th String Tuner
- Gloss Finish
- Deering Patent Pending Twenty-Ten Tone Ring
- 11″ Three-Ply Violin Grade Maple Rim
- Deering Brass Notched Tension Hoop
- 11″ Frosted Top Medium Crown Head
- 24 Round Hooks and ¼″ Hex Nuts
- 24 Bracket Shoes
- Slender Shaped Armrest
- Nickel Plated Hardware
- Deering True Tone Tailpiece
- 5/8″ Deering Smile Maple/Ebony Top Bridge
A strong mid range tone with good bass and vibrant highs, that is versatile for playing both Clawhammer and Bluegrass styles of playing.
G,D,G,B,D in standard G tuning.
Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well.
- Comes with Deering Light Gauge Banjo Strings tuned to in standard G tuning (g,D,G,B,D)
- Gauges: 10, 11, 13, 21W, 10
- End Type: Loop
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4″
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4″
- Resonator Diameter 13 7/8″
- Rim Diameter 11″
- Overall Instrument Length 38″
- Weight Approx. 10 lbs
Due to ongoing product development efforts, specifications are subject to change without notice.