Perfect for guitar players, this banjo is tuned like a guitar (E,A,D,G,B,E) the D-6 is a professional banjo that is heavier than the B-6 with the full rim and tone ring design of a bluegrass banjo. It has more volume and sustain than the B-6. It will fill the room with great music with a light touch of your fingers or flat pick!
You can relax using light touch and get a much more vibrant and responsive tone playing the D-6 with considerably less effort than you use in playing a guitar. Guitar players have nothing more to learn, just play your favorite songs because it’s a guitar that sounds like a banjo. The sweet sounding 6-String Deluxe is one of the best banjo values available anywhere. Built with Deering’s genuine -06- bell bronze tone ring, three ply violin grade maple rim, and one piece, cast, zinc resonator flange, this Deluxe is as easy to play as it is beautiful.
The mother of pearl inlay in the peghead, is the very first Deering logo designed by Greg Deering for his first banjo in 1969. The multicolor binding and high gloss finish enhance the gold and perloid inlays on the exotic, natural ebony fingerboard. “The inspiration for the inlay artwork comes from the early Boston banjo masters. And if you look at the peghead of the Deluxe, it has some of the same elements as the Sierra, but it is much more expanded and it comes alive with the turn of the century Boston masters element – and that was just the design that flowed out onto the page. It’s a lot of fun to have that kind of artwork on a banjo that people can afford. The first professional banjo we made was the Deluxe so it always has a very dear spot to us because it was the first professional banjo we made way back in ’79.” Greg Deering
One of Deering’s oldest and most popular models, this banjo brings the power, easy playability and maintenance together in a beautiful, historically important banjo that is just as much at home on the front porch as it is on the road. It truly is a Deluxe banjo.
- Case: Hardshell Case Included
- Head: 11″ Frosted Top Medium Crown Head
- Neck Wood: Walnut
- Rim: Three-Ply Violin Grade Maple Rim
- Style: 6-String Resonator Banjo
- Tone Ring: Deering -06- 20 Hole Bell Bronze Tone Ring
- Made in USA
Deering Deluxe Banjos
- Walnut Neck
- Natural Ebony Radiused Fingerboard
- Original Deering Engraved Inlays of White and Gold Italian Pearloid
- Slender Deering Neck Shape
- 22 Nickel-Silver Frets
- Fully Adjustable Two Way Truss Rod
- Guitar style tuners – (Planetary Tuners available as an option)
- High Gloss Finish
- Deering -06- 20 Hole Bell Bronze Tone Ring
- Three-Ply Violin Grade Maple Rim
- Deering Brass Notched Tension Hoop
- 11″ Frosted Top Medium Crown Head
- 24 Round Hooks and ¼″ Hex Nuts
- One Piece Cast Zinc Flange
- Slender Shaped Armrest
- Nickel Plated Hardware
- Deering 6-String Tailpiece
- Trimmed in White/Black/White
- Straight Inside Sidewalls
- Gloss Finish
Deering Hardshell Case Included
With the new walnut neck, the Deluxe features some of the characteristics found in both maple (brightness) and mahogany (warmth). Easy to play with clarity and good note separation.
E,A,D,G,B,E in standard guitar tuning
Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well.
- Comes with Deering 6-Sting Banjo Strings tuned in standard guitar tuning (E,A,D,G,B,E)
- Gauges: 10 13 17 26w 36w 46w
- End Type: Ball
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 3/4″
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4″
- Resonator Diameter 13 7/8″
- Rim Diameter 11″
- Overall Instrument Length 38″
- Weight Approx. 11 lbs
Due to ongoing product development efforts, specifications are subject to change without notice.