The Boston 6 String banjo is tuned like a guitar so guitar players can instantly start playing this type of banjo.
Uniquely Deering, the Boston banjo breaks with tradition and provides a professional quality sound at a lower price point by creating the rim from 3/16″ rolled steel which rings like a tone ring. Also, upgrading the accuracy of tuning by way of guitar tuners with a higher gear ratio than the traditional banjo tuners..
The uniquely Deering Inlay pattern gives you visual beauty enhancing the great performance. This banjo is the preferred sound in country recording studios and in non-traditional bands like the Keith Urban Band. You can hear this banjo played on Keith Urban songs like Someone Like You” and his Grammy award winning Sweet Thing.” It has big resonant bass notes that you don t find on a 5-string banjo, and also crisp highs for that beautiful banjo tone.
Left-hand model also available. (DEERING-B-6L)
- Case: Hardshell Case Included Made in USA
- Head: 11″ Frosted Top Medium Crown Head
- Neck Wood: American Mahogany
- Resonator: Mahogany
- Style: 5-String Resonator Banjo
Deering Boston Banjos
- Tropical American Mahogany
- Radiused Fingerboard
- Slender Deering Neck Shape
- Guitar style tuners – (Planetary Tuners available as an option)
- Seed and Vine Maple and Pearloid Inlays
- Adjustable Truss Rod
- Satin Finish
- 22 Pressed In Nickel Silver Frets
- Nickel Plated and Durable 3/16″ Steel Rim
- Beveled Tension Hoop
- 11″ Frosted Top Medium Crown Head
- 24-Piece Butterfly Flange
- 5/8″ Maple/Ebony Deering Smile Bridge
- 24 Flat Hooks with 9/32″ Hex Nuts
- 24 Bracket Shoes
- Nickel Plated Hardware
- Deering 6-String Tailpiece
- Butterfly 24 Piece Flange
- Steel Coordinator Rod for Adjustments
- Trimmed in White
- Straight Sidewalls
- Satin Finish
Includes a Deering Hardshell Case
Has the sweet sound of mahogany with less sustain for clear notes. Crisp highs and good bass response with less overtones than many banjos. Easy to play with clarity of note separation. Great for recording.
E,A,D,G,B,E in standard guitar tuning
Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well.
- Comes with Deering 6-Sting Banjo Strings tuned in standard guitar tuning (E,A,D,G,B,E)
- Gauges: 10 13 17 26w 36w 46w
- End Type: Ball
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 3/4″
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4″
- Resonator diameter 13 7/8″
- Overall Instrument Length 38 1/2″
- Weight Approx. 9.6 lbs
Due to ongoing product development efforts, specifications are subject to change without notice.