For guitar players, the top of the line is the MB-6. Now you can play banjo with the same chords and fingering you already know. It’s great for those songs that would sound better if played on a banjo.
This MB-6 has beautiful crisp tone and great sustain. It has an arched hard, dense, colorful, exotic, and naturally beautiful ebony fingerboard. It also features Deering’s own custom made six string tailpiece and bridge. This helps create a superb playing banjo for guitar players. One of the most appealing aspects of the MB-6 is its sleek neck making it comfortable, and easy to play.
Curly maple wood, -06- tone ring, and flower inlays are the other key elements of the Deering Maple Blossom banjo. Maple Blossom is made from eastern violin grade curly maple, stained with a dark walnut stain, and adorned with flower mother of pearl inlays. When this individually selected wood is built into a banjo with the genuine Deering -06-bronze tone ring, 3-ply violin grade maple rim, and one piece zinc flange, the result is a banjo that is so bright, crisp and clear that every note pops out of this banjo with precision and power.
The Deering -06- tone ring produces a beautiful, balanced overtone spectrum. Its weight is ideal for most styles played on the banjo. A softer touch will provide you with as much sustain as you ever want, a sharper attack will produce a distinct pop and accurate note separation. You will notice no dead spots over the entire fingerboard. The beautiful highs and powerful well rounded bass is the result of intense study of alloys and shapes which resulted in the new -06- tone ring you hear in the great tone of the Maple Blossom banjo today.
- Case: Hardshell Case Included
- Head: 11″ Frosted Top Medium Crown Head
- Neck Wood: Dark Walnut Stained Eastern Curly Maple
- Rim: Three-Ply Violin Grade Maple Rim
- Style: 6-String Resonator Banjo
- Tone Ring: Deering -06- Bell Bronze Tone Ring
- Made in USA
Deering Maple Blossom Banjos
- Dark Walnut Stained Eastern Curly Maple
- Radiused Ebony Fingerboard
- Slender Deering Neck Shape
- Mother of Pearl Flower Inlays
- 22 Nickel-Silver Frets
- Fully Adjustable Two Way Truss Rod
- Deering Guitar Banjo Tuners
- Gloss Finish
- Deering -06- Bell Bronze Tone Ring
- 3-ply Violin Grade Maple Rim
- Deering Brass Notched Tension Hoop
- 11″ Frosted Top Medium Crown Head
- 24 Round Hooks and ¼″ Hex Nuts
- One Piece Cast Zinc Flange
- 5/8″ Deering Maple/Ebony Bridge
- Nickel Plated Hardware
- Deering 6-String Tailpiece
- Dark Walnut Stained Curly Maple
- Trimmed in White/Black/White Binding
- Straight Inside Sidewalls
- Gloss Finish
Deering Hardshell Case Included
Has the brightness of Maple with good projection and clarity.
E,A,D,G,B,E in standard guitar tuning
Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well.
- Comes with Deering 6-Sting Banjo Strings tuned in standard guitar tuning (E,A,D,G,B,E)
- Gauges: 10 13 17 26w 36w 46w
- End Type: Ball
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 3/4″
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4″
- Resonator Diameter 13 7/8″
- Rim Diameter 11″
- Overall Instrument Length 38″
- Weight Approx. 11 lbs
Due to ongoing product development efforts, specifications are subject to change without notice.