Tuned to an open E Chord, the Boston Long Neck is easier to sing with for deep voices. Made popular by Pete Seeger and the Kingston Trio the Long Neck banjo has a greater range for all styles of music. The Boston Long Neck is a very stable, good sounding banjo that travels well and isn’t as heavy as other more expensive models. The innovative steel rim construction of the drum provides a clear, crisp banjo tone that rings like a bell, records well and plays easily. There are higher-end banjos out there that do have better, warmer sound, but they you won’t get one for the cost of a Boston.
Left-hand model also available. (DEERING-B-LNL)
- Case: Hardshell Case Included
- Head: 11″ Frosted Top Medium Crown Head
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Style: 5-String Openback Longneck Banjo
- Made in USA
Deering Boston Banjos
- Slender Deering Neck Shape
- Guitar style tuners – (Planetary Tuners available as an option)
- Geared 5th String Tuner
- Seed and Vine Maple and Pearloid Inlays
- Satin Finish
- 25 Pressed In Nickel Silver Frets
- Nickel Plated and Durable 3/16″ Steel Rim
- Beveled Tension Hoop
- 11″ Frosted Top Medium Crown Head
- 5/8″ Maple/Ebony Deering Smile Bridge
- 24 Flat Hooks with 9/32″ Hex Nuts
- 24 Bracket Shoes
- Nickel Plated Hardware
- Deering Truetone Tailpiece
- Butterfly 24 Piece Flange
- Steel Coordinator Rod for Adjustments
Includes a Deering Hardshell Case
Has the sweet sound of mahogany with less sustain than a maple or walnut banjo. Crisp highs and good bass response with less overtones than many banjos. Easy to play with clarity of note separation. Great for recording.
Tuned in Standard E Tuning (e,A,E,G#,B)
Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well.
e,B,E,G#,B in standard E tuning. Can be Capoed at 3rd fret for G tuning. Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well.
- Comes with Deering 5-String Light Gauge Banjo Strings tuned to in standard E tuning (e,B,E,G#,B)
- Gauges: 10, 11, 13, 21W, 10
- End Type: Loop